Please Be Kind to the Gardens
The Dallas Arboretum is a tranquil haven, and we ask visitors to treat it with care to preserve its peaceful beauty, sensitive plantings, and carefully tended landscapes. While in the gardens, please respect our visitor and photographic policies.
Garden Etiquette for the
Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Society:
- Pets are prohibited in the gardens. Licensed, assistance animals being used by disabled individuals are permitted.
- To protect the plant collections, active sports and games are not permitted. Prohibited games and activities include, but are not limited to: kites, frisbees, egg hunts, roller skating, footballs, baseballs, and soccer balls.
- Please do not stand or walk in garden beds or climb trees or shrubs. Do not pick flowers. Do not take or harm any of the wildlife. This includes feeding squirrels.
- Bicycles are not allowed in the garden. There is a secured, designated bicycle stand in the parking lot. Please inquire with the parking or gate attendants for directions.
- Please do not play in the water features.
- All outdoor flames are prohibited including candles.
- Balloons are prohibited.
- All amplified music or noise-making devices are not permitted, unless pre-approved by the Arboretum.
- No one is permitted to change clothes in the public restrooms. Brides and Quinceaneras must come already dressed for photo shoots.
- The Dallas Arboretum honors discounts on our website only. Incorrect pricing and promotions by other entities will not be accepted.
Additional Garden Etiquette for the Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden:
- Due to space limitations on walkways, only strollers and wheelchairs are permitted. Wagons and wheeled carriers, personal or rented, are not permitted.
- Bridal and Quinceaneras photo shoots are not allowed in the Children’s Garden. Personal photography with cell phones and cameras are permitted; however, tripods and professional photography and equipment are not permitted.
- Dining locations for food purchased or brought into the garden are allowed in specified areas.
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Wheelchairs and trams are provided on the grounds (on a first-come basis) for those with walking limitations.
- Trams provide access to central garden areas and the DeGolyer Home.
- Tram drivers give histories of both houses and gardens as they pass along on their route through the gardens from the DeGolyer House to the
- Priority given to the mobility impaired.
- Trams and wheelchairs are not available for reservations or renting.