What You Need To Know Before You Come
The Children’s Garden is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
An additional entrance fee of $3 per person is required. No additional fee for children age two and younger.
For garden enjoyment, admission to the Children’s Garden will require advance timed-ticketing. Members will receive an amount of tickets based on their giving level for the first year, but will still need to have an assigned timed-ticket. Get your tickets here:
We are in the first stages of building a 1,200 car garage across Garland Road from the Children’s Garden and are excited to be able to provide more accessible parking in the near future. At this time, only valet parking will be available in the parking lots adjacent to the Children’s Garden. Parking is still available at the Main Public Entry (8525 Garland, at Whittier) with additional parking at the Garland/Gaston Road intersection parking lot as needed with shuttle service to the Arboretum. Signs will be posted along Garland Road when the Garland/Gaston Road parking lot is open. Parking at the Main Public Entry is $10/car for non-members and free for members. Off-site parking at Gaston/Garland is $5/car for non-members, free for members.
Food & Beverage
Food, whether from home or purchased in the garden, should be consumed in designated locations. Enjoy delicious food and beverage at the Children's Garden Cafe by Two Sisters.
Help Us Make The Garden Enjoyable For All
- Amplified music is not permitted, and courteous and safe play is appreciated by all.
- Kites, balloons, balls/bats, frisbees, rollerblades, skateboards or sports items of any type are not permitted.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Strollers and wheelchairs are allowed.
- Wagons are not permitted.
- The Children’s Garden is ADA accessible.
- At this time, the Children's Garden is not available for private rentals.
Only personal photography (cameras/cell phones) is permitted—no tripods or professional photography equipment is allowed.