People are our greatest asset, and our staff work tirelessly to assure that the visitor experience is an enjoyable one.
Our dedicated employees and generous volunteers have helped the Dallas Arboretum become one of the most outstanding display gardens in the United States. Below is a list of all current openings. Full-time positions offer benefit options including health, dental and disability coverage as well as vacation, holiday and sick pay.
We also have excellent opportunities in various departments for those desiring a hands-on internship experience.
Unless otherwise noted, you may apply for a listed position by faxing your resume and cover letter to 866.341.6878. Please indicate which position you are applying for in your cover letter.
Please contact the Human Resources Office at 214.515.6509 with any questions. Most employment offers are made pending criminal and drug screens, as well as physicals and credit checks for certain positions.
The Dallas Arboretum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Operations Supervisor assists in the coordination and oversight of the Children’s Garden (CG) daily functions related to public activities. This position is expected to follow protocol and staffing guides, and contribute to the team effort. Other responsibilities include making sure that the CG is ready for opening and all relevant areas are operational, as well as closing and securing the CG at the end of each day. The Operations Supervisor should be able to troubleshoot issues pertaining to cleanliness, operation of exhibits/computers, repairs, volunteer/staffing needs, etc. Appropriate resolutions should be determined by following established guidelines.
- Ability to frequently and repeatedly walk throughout the garden to monitor and engage the public and volunteers
- Ability to work scheduled event dates in addition to the normal schedule, which includes weekends.
- Two or more years in responsible positions
- Supervisor or oversight experience desired
- Some college desired
- Educational or public related experience helpful
$40,000 plus great benefits. Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is responsible for the daily monitoring and maintaining of exhibits. Duties include servicing, troubleshooting and modifying elements as necessary. Exhibit types are both stationary and interactive and may involve water, solar power, wind power, mechanics, networking, electronics, pumps and scenic elements.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks through use of effective organizational and time-management skills
- Professional work ethic
- Ability to physically perform required maintenance checks and repairs in the garden
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights/weekends as needed
- Minimum of an associate degree in electronics, mechanics, or computer technology preferred
- Three years related experience required
Submit resume with salary history to email@example.com.
The primary responsibilities of this position include answering phones, making calls, scheduling, preparing documents, maintaining records, and limited financial tracking and reporting. The coordinator must also maintain detailed architectural/construction documents and interact with vendors and contractors. Other duties include scheduling and arranging meetings and preparing relevant documents; responding to general inquiries related to construction schedules, vendor access and project timelines; working with Arboretum staff related to data acquisition and information reporting; submitting check requests and purchase orders; coding and submitting invoices and check requests in a timely manner; and maintaining accurate accounting expense records.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and perform data entry, telephone or office work
- Comfortable walking across construction areas to assist supervisor as needed
- Two or more years experience with office duties - contractor office experience desired
- Some college desired
$14/hour - 15 to 20 hours per week. Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Internships - Seasonal Openings