||The 66-acre Dallas Arboretum is one of the world’s premier gardens, and certainly one of the most colorful. Local residents have deemed this urban oasis to be the “crowning jewel” of Dallas. As one of the city’s top attractions, it also garners repeat visits from members, local visitors to out-of-town guests, who have strong praise for its beautiful vistas, 15 colorful display gardens, and groves of pecan trees, magnolias, crape myrtles, cherry trees and azaleas.
Accolades from individuals and media outlets alike are testimony to the important role we play.
Here is what people are saying about The Dallas Arboretum:
|"Its world-class tulip show is the best spot this side of Holland to see these beautiful flowers."
Southern Living Magazine, March 2011
|“Perhaps we in Dallas toss around the phrase "world class" too liberally.
But in the case of the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens,
it happens to be appropriate. ”
Bob Miller, Dallas Morning News – Read Article
|“I have been all over the nation, and the Dallas Arboretum is, by far,
the most beautiful garden I have ever seen.”
Charles Osgood, CBS Radio Network
|“I love my on air job, but there is nothing I love more than
time with my 1 year old son. The Arboretum provides the
backdrop for mother/ son time!”
Amy Vanderoef. Host- Good Morning Texas/ WFAA-8
- "The state’s top flower festival" – Austin American-Statesman, February 2013
- Best of Wedding Venues – The Knot 2013
- First Place in Historic Preservation – Adaptive Reuse at the 2011 American Society of Interior Designers Awards – The DeGolyer House.
- The best place to propose – Preston Hollow People 2010
- 10 Fall Festivals the Kids Will Love – Grandparents.com 2010
- Reader’s Pick – Best Outing With the Kids – Dallas Observer 2010
- 5 Best Photo Opportunities in Dallas – AOL Travel News, Sep 2010
- Top 14 Most Beautiful Parks in the World – Chief’s World, June 2010
- 181 Places to See & Things to Do Before You’re 5 Feet Tall – Dallas Child, June 2010
- Ten Best Walks in Texas – Fort Worth Star Telegram, June 2010
- Your Best Photo Ops: Top Places to Take Photographs – Southern Living Magazine, May 2010
- Top 50 Places to Propose – Engagement Ring blog, April 2010
- One of the Top 14 Places in the World to See Spring Flowers – MSN.com, April 2010
- Best Place to Entertain The Family – 2010 Neighbors Choice Awards
- Best Date Spot – 2010 Neighbors Choice Awards
- Best Family Outing – Neighbors Go 2009
- Best Botanical Gardens Across the USA – Nature Hills blog, July 2009
- Top 10 Public Gardens in 2008 – Southern Living Magazine, 2008
- Favorite Fair Weather Family Hangout – Dallas Child, 2008
- Dallas Arboretum Trial Gardens - ‘Best Garden Design Source’ – Dallas Observer, 2005
- Dallas Arboretum Fern Dell – ‘Best Place for a Walk in August’ – Dallas Observer, 2004
- One of the Top 10 Things to Do in the Country in Spring – MSN.com
- Best Outdoor Concert Venue – D Magazine
- Best Outing with the Kids – Dallas Observer
- A Top Outdoor Dallas Venue – Pegasusnews.com